human

Take a knife. Make sure that's well-sharpened.
Cut my soul in two and wait quietly
to see what it's filled with.

In the beginning, you'll observe the sea
with the cloudy waves of melancholy.

You'll see the sun. A scorching sun. And
you're going to feel a gentle breeze of the wind.
(it likes to walk through my soul).

Cut a little bit more to see how many waves
of laughter step out, but be careful to not spill 'em.
(they're therapy for my various disappointments)

Not to forget. You will see some failures.
Ignore them. Someday I'll fix them.

Cut a bit deeper and you'll find dreams
which I still have, and also desires and fantasies…
(I've to mention I got a special affinity with them)

After that, I'd like you to look carefully at the top.
Right there is happiness. Do you recognize it?

I'm Human. I'm a lot of stuff each day of the week.
I have about everything in this soul of mine,
but I'm not afraid of the bullet's wound that splits it
in two. I know that out of there, pretty things
are always going to drip out…

Explore Popular Posts From This Blog

time capsule

a little bit

Internet

connection with you

her

i call you

stronger now in broken places

hard-rock-lover

Sparks

my coo-ca-choo