lying in my bed

📸 Free to use under the Unsplash License

if you're already on a path
without knowing where it leads,
I'm gonna murmur to your ear, —

you're already in my dreams

the frisson is hidden in a smile,
the febrile indecency it is
a tender, sweetly delectation,

you're lying in my bed,
you're the metaphor of my being,
you dream with me

«It's about 5 o'clock in the morning.
I'm lying in my bed looking at my sleepy-eyed pretty girl...
I guess she's asleep now. God, she's so beautiful.
She may not really mean a thing to you because people
don't know her like I do, but if you've got someone you love
very much, you'll know what I mean.

Wish I could get to sleep. So many thoughts about her
keep coming back and I'm so tired... so very tired.
Things like how I'm going to learn to understand
the way she feels inside. I want her to love me and let me be
her man, but that sounds too possessive…
It's not meant to be… It just sounds… in that way…

To search each other's bodies with the sensitive pleasure
of the newness of making love... so new in fact we didn't
get that far yet... We haven't known each other for that long...
So, for instance, we're still strangers and hold back
at certain times when we should be close.

She told me, she never had much pleasure during sex before...
It's so… was like off a deal a lot of the time, so I guess she doesn't
really trust men very much now... so it looks like that part
of our relationship is gonna take a while to happen the way
it should… that's why it's so hard for me to fall asleep with her
lying here... looking so defenseless… desirable… feminine…

Time is so short these days, but there, are some things
that can't be rushed, and I can appreciate that loving her
is one of those things if anything worthwhile is to be accomplished.
Funny how in the daytime when I never get to feeling quite this way.
I mean, I probably wouldn't be thinking these sorts of thoughts.

I'm looking out the window. I see the dawn coming and sleep will
soon take me to wherever she is now... sleepy-eyed pretty girl…

Why are we so separate and alone? How do you feel when
the doubt's between you and the one you love? It's still 5 o'clock
in the morning, and I'm still looking at her... I know she's asleep
now... She looks so beautiful… yet so alone... So alone... Alone...»

Explore Popular Posts From This Blog

anytime of the year

lovely

you can't run

good for me

face à face

tighten up

satisfaction guaranteed

tell me something beautiful, she said, — (∂ + m) ψ

give me a reason

Can You Keep a Secret