what are you listening to

what are you listening to, it's something which
makes you feel as if you're dematerialized and
teleported towards a magical realm of fantasy,
built in the bedding of all you wanna be to me


«Music makes me forget myself, my real position;
it transports me to some other position not my own.
Under the influence of music, it seems to me that I feel
what I do not really feel, that I understand what
I do not understand, that I can do what I cannot do.
I explain it by the fact that music acts like yawning,
like laughter: I am not sleepy, but I yawn when I see
someone yawning; there is nothing for me to laugh at,
but I laugh when I hear people laughing. Music carries me
immediately and directly into the mental condition in which
the man was who composed it. My soul merges with his
and together with him, I pass from one condition into another,
but why this happens I don't know.»
―  The Kreutzer Sonata


Explore Popular Posts From This Blog

anytime of the year

lovely

you can't run

good for me

face à face

tighten up

satisfaction guaranteed

tell me something beautiful, she said, — (∂ + m) ψ

give me a reason

Can You Keep a Secret